Our family is complete! We continue the story of growing our littlest members. . .

Thursday, July 21, 2011

You may be right

. . . I may be crazy.  Sorry again, weekly readers.  I've put another iron in the fire and just didn't get to the blogging.  Last Monday I started back to grad school and will complete two classes in five weeks.  That's two trips to Minneapolis a week and a lot of out-of-class work.  Today I finally feel caught up with things and all the babes are resting, so I've got time to sit down and do this.

It's nice to be out with adults and talk aout things that interest me as a person and not as a person who had triplets, though it's hard to avoid the subject.  We went around the room on the first day and introduced ourselves; people were talking about their families and where they live so I did the same.  I'm married, have a 3 year old boy and 4 month old triplets ("GASP").  I live out by Willmar so I got up at 4:30 to get to class this morning ("GASP").  Now I'm famous in my class, too.  The professor came in yesterday and said he was telling his wife he feels like he doesn't have time to do anything, but then he thought of me.  Yep, I said, it could be worse.  Also, thank goodness McDonald's has brought back their 'Any size for $1' beverages because I don't drink coffee and by Delano I really need a big Coke; hopefully then I don't hit traffic - nowhere to pee on 394.

I have an ed class in the morning and advanced graphic design in the afternoon.  Yesterday the GD professor gave us our next project which is to design posters for something happening at the Walker Art Center and let us out to go take pictures at the sculpture graden.  Umm, okay.  I will leave this basement computer lab to visit the famous Spoonbridge and Cherry (or Big Cherry and Spoon, as Axel calls it), even if my car thermometer says 102.

Eero, Rex, and Magnus are very good babies, and we're enjoying them so much.  I've decided that they are at the perfect size: big enough to hold their heads up and not be super fragile, but small and light enough to be super cuddly and babyish.  They've been on pretty similar paths all along, but are starting to seperate as to when they do things.  We couldn't ask for better sleepers - Magnus still can't eat as much at a time because of his throat issue so he wakes up once or twice. . . Rex wakes up pretty early to eat but goes back to sleep. . . Eero sleeps literally 11-12 hours without a peep.  I go and check on him when he sleeps late; he's either still sleeping, or lying quietly, looking around.  Very good babies.

When people hear we have triplets they say, "You must go through a lot of diapers."  We do change a lot of diapers here, true.  We received a lot of diapers as gifts and the hospital sent us home with a lot, so last week we bought diapers for only the second time.  Not bad.  Also, we've started using cloth diapers for the most part.  That is slick, and I think more people should consider using them.  The initial investment is big (unless you are given them by someone who's done using hers - thanks Mariah) but it saves a lot of money in the end.  Not to mention the garbage.  Using 15-20 diapers a day creates a lot of waste!  These are size adjustable.  I have a 'diaper bag' instead of a 'diaper pail', and at the end of the day throw the whole thing in the laundry.  Next day, clean diapers and no waste, except for a few wipes, but I'm looking into reusable wipes, too.  I highly recommend them.

Speaking of laundry, holy crap, we do a lot of laundry here.  I figured it would increase, as we now have six people here instead of three, but it's not just the babies' clothes.  It's all their blankets and burp rags and towels, now a daily load of diapers.  We have to wash our clothes more because we're getting puked on, and we also have to wash our sheets more for the same reason.  They like to spit up on our bed for some reason.  Axel is a muddy mess all the time, so his clothes get washed more, and still wets the bed sometimes so we wash his sheets a lot, too.  That is a lot of laundry.  On my list of home projects is a clothesline.  Then I'll be a real stay-at-home mom.

Happy Anniversary - six months ago yesterday I was helicoptered off to North Memorial.  It was -16 degrees that day.  Happy Anniversary to my ma, who would be celebrating her 33rd wedding anniversary today were my dad still alive.  Happy Birthday to my dad, who would have been 62 on Tuesday.

Our boys are five months old!

Rexy - very good at tummy time

E - always deep in thought

Mags - everything intrigues him

1 comment:

  1. I'm not quite sure that I would be brave enough to take on grad school with 4 kids (regardless if 3 are the same age) but good for you!! I am very much enjoying reading this every week and hope that you continue. Rex looks a lot like Axel in this picture...your boys are all adorable!

    ReplyDelete