Our family is complete! We continue the story of growing our littlest members. . .

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The chair is ringing

There is a cordless phone inside our recliner and I cannot find it.  I hear it in there. . . yesterday I stuck my hand into every crevice I could but found no phone.  I did, however,  recover a building block, a keychain, my four-sided nail file, and a fuzzy Cheeto.  Axel must be stashing things in there.

Like any good housewife, I watched the last episode of Oprah.  It was the first time I've ever watched one of her shows all the way through; she's really something.  Kind of wish I'd started earlier, although I think I liked it because it was just her talking, and not Marie Osmond crying or Tom Cruise jumping up and down like a creep.  It was sort of like a great commencement speech, except that I listened the entire time.

The big news here this week is that Magnus is finally done with his monitors.  The doctor who read his data determined he has developed a mature breathing pattern and is no longer taking breathing breaks, so he's gone wireless.  Woohoo!  Now we don't have to drag around that monitor everywhere we go, as if we didn't have enough other crap to bring with us.

Special thanks to my hometown newspaper for changing the name of our baby A in the birth announcement from Eero to Euro.  We did not name him after international currency.  I even emailed them the information, so it's not like they couldn't read my handwriting, which has gotten sloppier as I get older.

We took our whole troop uptown for supper last night and it was a huge success for many reasons. The babies were very well-behaved, Axel ate his food and didn't run around too much, and we got to introduce our littlest boys to more people from town. We liked doing that because we go there often to eat on Wednesday evenings, so it was fun for the other regulars to meet them. Something also happened there that was funny and somewhat of concern at the same time - Axel took Jesse's corn dog stick, put it in his mouth, and told us he was smoking a cigarette. He has never really been around smoking, but we then determined he has gotten this from watching Pinocchio. It surprised me that a 70 year old animated Disney classic would be such a bad influence on my children, but upon deeper consideration they actually contain a lot of inappropriate material by today's standards.

As people got up to peek at our babies in the booth last night, someone commented that we could charge admission. It kind of seems that way sometimes. I've heard from different people that we need to have a shower so people can 'see the babies'. That's not why people have showers, it's for presents. We could maybe set up a tent in our front yard and let the people walk by and 'see the babies'. There might be a misconception about what we actually have here. Eero, Rex, and Magnus (they do have names) are not covered in diamonds. They do not have healing powers in a religious sense. They are just regular babies who happened to come out three at a time. We're having baptism on Sunday, and it's come to my attention that people who don't usually attend our church may come for the baptism. Huh? That's fine, and it's fine if you want to meet Eero, Rex, and Magnus. I just wanted to make sure people were not disappointed when they saw them.

E, Rexy, and Mags, the versions of their names that sometimes come out of my mouth, spent time outside with us last night as we planted in our garden. Rex even got his first ride on the Kubota. Three months is not too early for ATV rides, right? He was buckled, and it was just from the front to the back of the house.


This is our dog Rolfe.  It appears he is trying to eat Axel, but they like to wrestle.  Axel lays down so Rolfe knows it's time to start.  He's such a gentle dog, and Axel loves to play with him. . . probably aren't a lot of thee year olds that want to wrestle with a 200 pound dog.

Each little one is definitely starting to have his own look, even more than before. Eero is a big boy,getting blonder, it seems, and has fair skin like his mama (poor kid). Sexy Rexy, as Kelly called him, is a little shorter and quite plump with dark hair and skin. Magnus is still smaller but filling out nicely, and has a red tinge to his spikey hair. It's awesome.


Sexy Rexy - he has such nice eyebrows for a 3-month old
Mags - always looks concerned about something 
E - took relaxed to care


Ax - dirty, shaggy, troublemaker playing with sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment